Monday, July 10, 2017

Toys For Wargaming - Halo Hotwheels Warthog


So, after other James tipped me off that these were in stores a while back, I found them, and since they were marked in Target as $3, my wife suggested we get one of each. Imagine my irritation when we got to the car and noticed we had ended up paying $6 each for them.

This has been happening to me a lot at Target lately. If you're buying one thing, it's easy to catch, but since you have to bring your own bags and bag the stuff yourself now in California, it's easy to miss it if you have more than a few items. Annoying.

In any event, these look pretty cool, and should be right at 15mm scale. I think. It's been a while since I really measured such things, but looks right to my eye. Might use them for some wargaming soon.

1 comment:

Stu Ordana said...

By the looks of the packaging, that is Hot Wheels higher end model that sells for five to six dollars. I know back around Christmas I picked up several of the Warthog models in the cheaper dollar version. The higher end version usually had a better paint job with more details. But they do look pretty cool either way.

The high end line is selling several Halo models. I know I saw an ATV and several of the flying craft. But six bucks is just too much for me right now.